- Location: South Australia
- Equipment: 1 * WPS400S-AU
- Electric output mode: Prime Supply
- Field / fuel: Construction / Diesel
- Total output power: 400kVA
Genpower Australia, our distributor in South Australia, were approached by their client to provide a 400kVA diesel genset that could not only withstand a full coastal environment in the harshest of conditions but also provide longevity for years to come.
The generator was required to provide prime power to a sand slurry pump that constantly moves shifting sands from the northern beaches back down to the southern beaches. Due to its coastal location, the generator needed to be protected from harsh conditions including erosion and rusting from the salt in the air.
As a full service, power generation supplier, Genpower’s in house engineers worked with PowerLink to provide a full, turnkey solution for the client.
The diesel generator was modified to include:
- Hydrophobic air inlet filtering system to prevent inlet of sand and salt spray.
- Full marine grade undercoat providing protection from the elements. Colorbond “Paperbark” topcoat.
- Hot dip galvanized skid base to enable manoeuvrability across the beach and lift the genset up off the ground.
- ‘Couplertec’ rust proofing system for added protection.
- Additional sound deadening providing peace of mind to the neighbours.
The unit has been operating throughout winter with no issues and will continue to operate until summer. It will then be sent back to Genpower Australia where it will be checked, tested and put into storage until the following year.
Genpower Australia was established in 1986 and has built an outstanding reputation in the provision of power generation and switchboard needs and the delivery of these solutions that far exceed expectations. As a valued PowerLink distributor, Genpower will work with you to deliver a power generation system that will meet your needs.